Friday, October 11, 2013

New Etsy shop (and job)

Blimey, I forgot how tiring full-time work is! After 3 years at university, I am unused to having to be awake, alert and upright for long periods at a time. I even wrote most of my essays in a semi-horizontal position on my bed - I hate sitting at desks. But I now have a job in a haberdashery and sewing machine shop, so I am on my feet all day and seem to be spending my evenings curled up on the sofa in my dressing gown (we are being stingy and avoiding putting the heating on) with dreadful TV or the Dickens that I'm wading through ever so slowly.

My other big(ish) news aside from the job is that I've finally decided to start selling some of my drawings on Etsy, to compensate for the sluggish evenings. There are only a few on there right now, but I will be adding to them as and when I can (I can only photograph them on my days off, as the light is too bad in the evenings). I find them to be really soothing to draw, and satisfying as they don't take too long before they start coming together and getting to a stage where I'm pleased with them. I'm selling them unframed to begin with, but I think I will look into framing them when I get a chance.

Here's a selection of works that can be found at www.etsy.com/shop/junglenoises.



Song of the day: 'Neighborhood 2 (Laïka)' - Arcade Fire

1 comment: